The Liebster ‘Award’ is a fun way to get to know and acknowledge some of the blogs with few followers. Once you’ve been nominated, you pass the award on to other blogs.
After receiving the nomination, the blogger must:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger;
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself;
3. Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you;
4. List 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer; and
6. Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated.
You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you.
So here we go folks!
11 Random Facts about me:
1. I’m obsessed with bull dog puppies. Like, seriously obsessed.
2. I’m also obsessed with chow chows.
3. I’ve had the same four best friends for 20 years.
4. At 5’2″ I’m the second tallest person in my family of four (my mom and sister are both under 5′).
5. I’ve popped my shoulders out more times than I can count.
6. I went to China in 2007 for a month and went to the hospital twice.
7. I work in politics
8. I’ve never died my hair
9. I have a shopping addiction
10. I loved Shane West in a Walk to Remember.. and I get very excited when it plays on TV.
11. I have a love/hate relationship with the Kardashians.
11 Questions from Holly:
1. What’s your favorite meal of the day — breakfast, lunch or dinner?
Definitely breakfast!! I’m always starving in the morning. I don’t know how some people can wake up and go hours without eating!
2. What’s your favorite fruit?
Bananas! Love ‘em. Can’t get enough of ‘em.
3. When you were five, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A chef! Well actually I have a fill in the blanks poster hanging in my bedroom at home right now that says I wanted to be telephone operator when I grew up… my mom still doesn’t understand how I knew what this was when I was five or why this occupation intrigued me. But other than that little fad, I always wanted to be a chef.
4. What quality do you find most attractive in others?
5. What’s your favorite sport?
Hockey and softball. I played softball growing up and I loved it! I played hockey for two seasons but I wasn’t very good at it.. haha. It’s my favorite sport to watch though!
6. Gold or silver?
7. What’s your favorite candy?
Anything gummy. Worms, bears, etc. Love it!
8. What’s your favorite online shopping website?
Anthropologie! I could browse their site forever.. and drool at everything.
9. What’s your pet peeve?
People eating with their mouths open. It is so distracting, especially if they are smacking and spitting. So gross.
10. Winter, spring, summer or fall?
Fall. I love everything about fall.. the clothes, the food, the weather! Everything is so lovely.
11. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
Seriously? Ummm.. well… 30? Maybe? I don’t know; I haven’t really counted them before. Now I’m self conscious… is 30 a lot? Uh oh, don’t let Grant see this.
11 Questions from Emily:
1. How would you describe your personality?
Outgoing and optimistic.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I followed a lot of blogs when I first went vegan and they were super helpful for me. I started my blog to encourage people to eat and live a balanced life and to share my recipes.
3. What is your favorite snack?
4. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be and why?
My parent’s house. I miss being in the same city as my family!
5. What is your favorite activity outside of health and fitness?
6. What is the food you eat most often?
7. What makes you happy?
My family and friends.
8. What quality do you find most attractive in others?
9. What is your guilty pleasure?
10. What is your favorite book and TV show?
Fav book is The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom. Fav TV show right now is Rookie Blue.
11. What is your favorite lyric from a song?
I don’t want to close my eyes
I don’t want to fall asleep
Cause I’d miss you babe
And I don’t want to miss a thing
11 Bloggers I nominate:
1) Sarah @ Sarah Bakes Gluten Free Treats
2) Nicole and Ben @ The Shea’s
3) Kloe @ Running Shoes and Chocolate Mousse
4) Jo @ Living Mint Green
5) Anoushé @ Of Pirouettes and Concealers
6) Meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
7) Chelsea @ A Fit Little One
8) Amalia @ Live Travel Eat and Run
9) Christine @ Cooking with Cakes
10) Lisa @ Life as Lisa Knows It
11) Courtney @ Courtney Em
(sorry if you’ve already been nominated!!)
1) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
2) If you were abandoned on a deserted island, what ONE item would you want with you?
3) What did you wish for as a kid when you blew out your birthday candles?
4) What’s one thing you could never live without?
5) If you had to spend the rest of your life attached to someone, who would you want it to be?
6) What’s your favourite dish to bring to a potluck?
7) Chocolate or vanilla?
8) Who is your hero?
9) What’s your favourite salad dressing?
10) Do you prefer to read your news online or paper?
11) What’s your greatest fear?