Ohh hey guys. I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good up at the cottage. I managed to burn my neck and my legs but luckily my face was spared.. that’s always the worst place to burn!
We ended up coming home Sunday night because Grant had a lot of work to do but I didn’t mind at all, the Eaton Centre was open so I got some much needed shopping in. Gotta love those Labour Day sales ;)!
I have some exciting posts coming up in the next few weeks, mostly wedding related (teaser – my bridesmaid boxes and some wedding dress fun). I promise I will post my peach crisp recipe soon (for those of you begging for it). But for now I have a really yummy energy bite recipe! Everyone has their own go-to bite recipe but I thought I would share this one because it is good and simple, and there’s nothing better than good and simple!
It only takes a few minutes to make these and then just pop them in the freezer and grab when necessary. I usually take one or two before/after runs or when I need a little something when I’m running out the door in the morning.
If you have a really tasty bite recipe, post it in the comments page! I’d love to see what you’ve been whipping up!
Trail Mix Bites
Prep Time: 10 min
Keywords: snack vegan gluten-free
Ingredients (12 balls)
- 3/4 cup natural almonds
- 1/2 cup natural cashews
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp sunflower seed butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 dates, pitted
- 4 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
1) Add the almonds, cashews, and peanuts to a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds or until chunky meal forms.
2) Add the rolled oats, sunflower seed butter, maple syrup, and dates. Pulse for 30 seconds. Add chocolate chips and process for 10 seconds or until just mixed.
3) Take one rounded tbsp of the mixture and roll into a ball (pack it in tightly). Place in tupperware container. Roll remainder of mixture. Freeze for at least 20 minutes. Keep in freezer.
On another note – don’t mind some of the weird things on the blog for the next week or so. I’m doing some changes and it may cause some disturbances. Don’t fret, everything should be running smoothly soon.
What’s your favourite ‘energy ball bite’?
Any advice for me while I update a few things on the blog? I won’t be offended, I swear! I got a great suggestion the other day to get a print button for my recipes.. I’m working on it!